– At arenas athletes will find every necessary infrastructures (secretariat, informatics, bar service, WC, babysitting, first aids, results, speaker, etc).
– During Urban Night Sprint there won’t be bar service.
– If you are thinking about using babysitting service during the vent, please check the corresponding option during your accreditation process.
– There will be sleeping floor available at Penamacor Municipal Sports Hall.
– Opens: 16h00 – February 15;
– Closes: 16h00 – February 18.
– It demand previous inscription at Ori-Oasis platform.
– The athletes must bring their sleeping bags.
– It will be forbidden to use competition shoes inside the sleeping floor.
– It will be forbidden to cook inside the sleeping floor.
– There are several possibilities for accommodation near the races.
– Showers will be at the Sleeping Floor
– In the forest races, the Babysitting will be at the Arena:
– There will be no Babysitting during the Urban Night Sprint.
– There will be model events in four different maps: Memória / Anascer
– Maps will be distributed during the accreditation at the Event Center.
– Please select the option “Model Event” during your entry process. In other wise you may don’t have a map for you.
World Ranking Event
– The Long Distance on February 18 (day 1) will be an World Ranking Event
– The Male Elite class may be splitted in two, depending of the entries. The best of World Raking at 2018 January 31 will run M21SuperElite and the remaining in M21Elite
PIOM 2018 BIB
– All athletes must use the PIOM2018 bib, given during the accreditation
– Only athletes with POM’s official bib correctly placed on the equipment are allowed to start the race
Change SIcard number
– Any SIcard change must be done before the start in the secretariat. It will not be allowed any start with changes of information not validated previously at secretariat.
– It won’t be allowed any change of start times in event days.
– In case of any constraint related with start times (example: need of an early start time in the last day) please write it down during the entry process.
– Open classes and formation classes won’t have start time, they will have a time interval where they can start with “START” box.
Race time limits
– The time limit for Long course is 3 hours, for the Middle distance is 2 hours and for Urban Night Sprint is 1 hour.
– At the end of each course athletes can keep their map, therefore Fair Play is requested to all participants..
– Chip Control will be done with Sportident
– The final results of PIOM 2018 will be defined by the sum of points of the 3 races of the competition (Middle, Sprint and Long).
– Prices for the 5 first in W21E and M21SE.
– Prices for the first 5 athletes of Elite classes.
– Prices for the first 3 athletes of each competition classes.
– Prices for the first 3 best clubs.
– Prices for the first athlete for each open classes (Easy Short, Difficult Short, Easy Long and Difficult Long)
– All W/M10 and W/M12 runners will receive a gift, whatever their classification
– Athletes affiliated in POF are covered by POF insurance
– National and Portuguese resident non-affiliated athletes are covered by POF insurance.
– Foreign and/or non-resident athletes are not covered by any insurance. They should provide for their own security and insurance
– PIOM2018 will be regulated by Portuguese Orienteering Federation regulation. In presence of any missing case we will apply the IOF rules
– The dead line for complains presentation ends 30minutes after the end of the athlete race.